I have been receiving questions on how to make green smoothies, since this is what I eat for breakfast and lunch for the last four years. FOUR YEARS! That’s correct, folks it is really not that hard to make a smoothie that will fill you with nutritious ingredients. and help you heal your rosacea face.
A Basic Smoothie consists of:
- A handful of leafy greens
- 2 bananas (if you have a vitamix) or half a banana (if you have nutria-bullet)
- 1 apple (if you have a vitamix) or half and apple (if you have a nutria-bullet)
- Any other fruits is by the eye and how much flavor you want to taste in your smoothie.
- About a 1/4 cup of carrots
- Half a beet
- A tablespoon of chia seeds
- A tablespoon of Honey
These are only a suggestion of what can be mixed into your smoothies. I have some personal favorites to whip up.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe:
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple
- A few carrots
- Handful of Kale
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
Blend and Enjoy. Mind you I do have a vitamix so all of this fits. I also add water up to the 7 line, then blend for about 20 to 30 seconds.
Here is the wonderful thing about green smoothies that are made by you. You know what you like to taste. I personally love anything with bananas with peanuts or beets with greek yogurt. Those are my two favorite combos.
If one day you feel like eating more fruits, just add fruits. It is that simple. Green Smoothies are molded around how your taste buds enjoy food.
I hope this helps with your green smoothie and clear skin adventures. Let’s kick rosacea in the butt the way my dermatologists recommends: with food.